The aim of this qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise classes in a health club environment
- Some experience of studio-based exercise classes is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units (24 credits).
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
For details on the aqua pathway please follow the below link
For details on the children’s pathway please follow the below link
For details on the gym pathway please follow the below link
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
Fees For Centres
£27 Hard Copy Manual fee
£75 eLearning fee
- This qualification provides progression to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in group exercise to music instruction.
- Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Pilates or Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers.
- Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to Level 2 qualifications in instructing Circuits, Step and Aqua.