Welcome to this resource on teaching diabetes. The video focuses on teaching diabetes and aims to highlight critical information to get across to students, as well as discussion around ideas for delivery and updates in diabetes that may be relevant to let students know about.
Following the video, there are also a number of resources for you to have a look at. As a tutor or training provider, I hope this video and supporting resources will help you to deliver a fantastic and high quality teaching session.
Dr Dane Vishnubala MBBS PGCME MRCGP DipSEM MFSEM DipSEM (UK & I) FHEA
Active IQ Chief Medical Advisor
Further Reading and Resources
- MRI and MRS Phenotyping of Abdominal Adiposity and Ectopic Fat by Thomas et al 2012
- SIGN Guidelines for Diabetes by SIGN
- NICE Guidelines for Diabetes by NICE
- ACSM Diabetes and Exercise Position Statement by ACSM
- Insulin and Insulin Resistance Physiology and Biochemistry by Wilcox
- QRisk by QRisk