This month’s discussion topic has been contributed by Pippa Yarworth-Cleeton, one of Active IQ’s Qualification Development Managers.
Pippa would like to know what role a Personal Trainer (PT) can play when offering nutritional advice to clients. This can be a contentious topic within the health and fitness industry and as such we welcome your opinions, thoughts and ideas which will further the debate.
To tell us your thoughts, please join the ‘Active IQ; Talking Active Leisure Qualifications’ discussion group and look for the posting labelled:
- What nutritional guidance role can, or should a PT play?
Other topics for discussion include:
- Current concepts of periodisation – which are the most effective?
- Innovative ways to deliver guided learning
- Squatting technique – is there a right, or wrong way?
- Repeated eccentric training may help to reduce delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) as a consequence of the repeated bout effect (RBE).
Remember, any reflections that significantly contribute to the debate will be rewarded with evidence of 1 hour of CPD.