- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Learners must complete the eleven mandatory units.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Programmes.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.