The aim of this qualification to provide learners with the broad base of knowledge and skills to:
- Be able to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry, including fitness instructing.
- There are no specific entry requirements; however learners should be able to demonstrate their capability to study at Level 3.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, so a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched as a minimum at level 2.
Learners must complete all 8 mandatory units (55 credits) and one of the optional units (8 credits). A total of 63 credits must be achieved for the qualification.
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
Fees For Centres
This qualification provides progression into:
- Further learning or training in a specialist area.