The aim of the Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
The Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training qualification comprises of ten mandatory units (52 credits).
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
Fees For Centres
£59 Hard Copy Manual fee
£150 eLearning fee
This qualification provides progression to the
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in personal training.
- Learners may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside personal training in the health club environment or own business.
- Alternatively, learners may broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing onto qualifications mapping to additional branches of the Level 3 Standards, such as Exercise Referral and Leisure Management.