This Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective
exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions and common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme.
Learners must hold either a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/Exercise to Music or Aqua) or equivalent (including qualifications which give entry to the REPs Physical activity Advisor category) or one of the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
This Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification comprises six mandatory units. Successful achievement of all six mandatory units, 38 credits must be achieved for the full qualification. For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
Fees For Centres
£40 Hard Copy Manual fee
£100 eLearning fee
This qualification also provides progression to the:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients.