- AVAILABLE FROM SEPTEMBER 2018
To provide learners with the broad base of knowledge and skills to:
- Be able to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry, including coaching sports and physical activities, fitness instructing and working with children.
- There are no specific entry requirements; however, learners should be able to demonstrate their capability to study at level 3.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential, so a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
Learners must complete the 11 mandatory units (69 credits) and may complete the additional units if required.
In total 69 credits are required to achieve the full qualification; a minimum of 43 credits must be achieved at level 3. For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
Fees For Centres
This qualification provides progression into:
- Further learning or training in a specialist area.