The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to design and adapt programmes to meet the needs of older adults.
Learners must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or one of the qualifications listed below:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
This qualifications comprises of 2 mandatory units (6 credits).
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Coursework/Project, Portfolio of Evidence
Fees For Centres
£23 Hard Copy Manual fee
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients.