The Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness is aimed at exercise and fitness
instructors who are capable of planning, delivering and evaluating a series of sessions independently and will
confirm a learner’s competence in an occupational role to the standards required.
The learner must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing certificate in order to enrol onto this qualification.
As this is a competency-based qualification, learners will need to be assessed in the workplace.
Learners must achieve the 5 mandatory units and 2 optional units from a specific pathway (37 credits).
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Learner Achievement Portfolio.
For details on the exercise to music pathway please follow the below link
For details on the aqua pathway please follow the below link
For details on the children’s pathway please follow the below link
Portfolio of Evidence
Fees For Centres
£8 Printed NVQ Portfolio fee
This qualifications provides progression to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals.
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral, for those who wish to work with special populations.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training.
- Learners may also progress on to the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside fitness instructing in a health club environment.