This qualification gives learners the opportunity to gain a nationally accredited qualification which provides
the essential knowledge, skills and personal qualities required for an occupation in the Health and Fitness
- There are no specific entry requirements.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
The learner must achieve a minimum of 23 credits from Mandatory Group A, and at least one optional pairing from
Group B, C, D or E. The additional 40 credits can come from a number of optional units, including groups B, C, D and E. 63 credits in total are required to achieve the qualification.
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
Fees For Centres
Fees vary depending on units chosen. Call 01480 410337 for Hard Copy Manual fee
- This qualification provides progression to the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral and the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- This qualification also provides progression on to competency based qualification such as the Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Exercise and Fitness and the Active IQ Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to other Active IQ qualifications