The aim of this qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise sessions within a gym or health club environment.
- There are no specific entry requirements
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physica l fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
The learner must complete five units in Mandatory Group A and a minimum of ten credits from one of the optional
pairings. A minimum of 25 credits must be achieved overall.
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment
Fees For Centres
£35 Hard Copy Manual fee
£90 eLearning fee
This qualification provides progression to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Exercise and FitnessIt also allows learners to broaden their knowledge to:
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Sessions
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells