The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learner should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units (24 credits).
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
For details on the exercise to music pathway please follow the below link
For details on the aqua pathway please follow the below link
For details on the children’s pathway please follow the below link
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence
Fees For Centres
£27 Hard Copy Manual fee
£75 eLearning fee
- This qualification provides progression to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in gym instruction.
- Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers.
- Learners may also progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside gym instructing in the health club environment.
- Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to Level 2 qualifications in Instructing Circuits, Exercise to Music and Aqua.