The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health, common mental health disorders and issues, help reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage people to talk about mental health. Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in themselves and others and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
Learners must complete the two mandatory units.
Fees For Centres
£14 Hard Copy Manual fee
£9 eLearning fee
- Related Level 2 and/or Level 3 qualifications, for example:
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Alcohol Awareness
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Smoking Awareness and Cessation
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well-being
- This qualification may also provide progression on to qualifications related to careers in mental health, health
and social care, counselling, or psychology.