Apprenticeships and Traineeships
We understand the challenges faced by employers and the need to offer packages of teaching and work-based learning. Active IQ has a complete teaching and learning solution that promotes:
- High levels of learner achievement and retention.
- Unsurpassed qualification choice within specific apprenticeship frameworks.
- Competitive pricing, ensuring lower delivery costs without sacrificing quality.
- Flexible and engaging learning resources and tutor delivery packs.
- Unrivalled eLearning solutions.
- Free bespoke training for staff (including face-to-face and eClinics).
- Specialist quality assurance (QA) from a team of dedicated, expert external verifiers.
We are experts at providing bespoke apprenticeship solutions for employers which will enhance your offering and help you to stand out from the crowd as an apprenticeship provider. To find out more about how we can support you on your apprenticeship journey, please contact us.
VIDEO: The Best Ways to Maximise Apprenticeship Plans
Active IQ’s Managing Director Jenny Patrickson recently sat down with The Fitness Network to discuss The Best Ways to Maximise Apprenticeship Plans. Click the video below or visit The Fitness Network website to see how operators, large and small, can get the most out of their apprenticeship plans.
What are traineeships?
Traineeships are part of the apprenticeship family and fit within a broad range of study programmes. A traineeship runs for a maximum of six months and is designed to help young people who are focussed on getting an apprenticeship or sustainable job to acquire the skills and experience to compete successfully for vacancies.
Traineeships ensure that young people have the work skills, standards of Maths and English and level of work experience they need to start their careers. They provide a pipeline of talented young people with the personal and practical skills and experience required in the labour market.
What is a traineeship made up of?
The programme is comprised of three core elements:
- Work preparation training that ensures young people have the skills and confidence needed for an apprenticeship or another job.
- English and maths support, if required, to improve young people’s literacy and numeracy.
- A work placement to provide a meaningful experience and an insight into the world of work with a guaranteed interview (either for a job vacancy or as an exit from the work placement).
Who can do a traineeship?
As an employer, you must believe that the would-be trainee has a reasonable chance of being ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a traineeship programme.
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity for young people who are motivated to get a job but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Young people who have been applying unsuccessfully for apprenticeship vacancies due to a lack of skills or experience could be good candidates, and they can be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a traineeship.
As traineeship programmes allow providers to work closely with employers and training providers to design flexible, bespoke traineeship packages, Active IQ is able to offer a wealth of choices in terms of qualifications. Active IQ can work with you to create bespoke traineeship packages based on your needs.
For further details on our traineeship packages, please contact us.