Active IQ Entry Level Award in The Principles of Health and Fitness (Entry 3)
- Explain the links between activity and better health and demonstrate the opportunities within daily life to become more active.
- Facilitate learning in a practical environment that motivates learners and is relevant to adult life.
Active IQ Level 1 Award in Active, Healthy Living
This Level 1 Award in Active, Healthy Living qualification aims to explain the links between activity and better health in order to demonstrate the opportunities within daily life to become more active.
Active IQ Level 1 Award in Assisting Health Related Activity Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to assist with planning, preparing and delivering a safe and effective activity session for a group of participants.
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to train learners, who already have knowledge and skills in gym or exercise to music instruction, to aprofessionally competent level to plan and deliver safe and effective circuit training sessions.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Leading Health-Related Activity Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective activity sessions for a group of participants.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health
- How to access credible information about nutrition for exercise and health.
- The nutrients required to maintain health.
- How nutrients from food are used to fuel and aid recovery from physical activity.
- How to estimate daily energy and nutrient requirements for clients with different goals.
- The risks of poor nutritional and lifestyle practices.
- Skills to analyse clients’ dietary habits and identification of areas for improvement.
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
This Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification aims to develop learners with existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction who would like to pursue a career in personal training.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.