Active IQ Level 1 Award in Active, Healthy Living
This Level 1 Award in Active, Healthy Living qualification aims to explain the links between activity and better health in order to demonstrate the opportunities within daily life to become more active.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
Active IQ Level 2 Diploma in Physical Activity, Fitness and Exercise Science
This qualification aims to provide learners with the broad base of knowledge and skills they need to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry, including fitness instructing and leisure operations.
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
This Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification aims to develop learners with existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction who would like to pursue a career in personal training.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Physical Activity, Fitness and Exercise Science
This two-year qualification aims to provide learners with the broad base of knowledge and skills required to be able to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry, including fitness instructing, personal training and leisure operations, as well as the ability to access higher education degree programmes.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
The aim of the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.