Active IQ Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
This qualification is designed as an induction to the active leisure sector. The syllabus covers the sector and its various sub-sectors, careers opportunities and employment rights and responsibilities.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness (GYM)
The Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness is aimed at exercise and fitness instructors who are capable of planning, delivering and evaluating a series of sessions independently and will confirm a learner’s competence in an occupational role to the standards required.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
This qualification is designed as an induction to the active leisure sector. The syllabus covers the sector and its various sub-sectors, career opportunities and employment rights and responsibilities.
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
This Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification aims to develop learners with existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction who would like to pursue a career in personal training.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.