Active IQ Level 1 Award in Assisting Health Related Activity Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to assist with planning, preparing and delivering a safe and effective activity session for a group of participants.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
This qualification is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the work environment.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes
The aim of this qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to design an individualised programme for pre and post natal clients.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health
- How to access credible information about nutrition for exercise and health.
- The nutrients required to maintain health.
- How nutrients from food are used to fuel and aid recovery from physical activity.
- How to estimate daily energy and nutrient requirements for clients with different goals.
- The risks of poor nutritional and lifestyle practices.
- Skills to analyse clients’ dietary habits and identification of areas for improvement.
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace.
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
This Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification aims to develop learners with existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction who would like to pursue a career in personal training.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
The aim of the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.