Active IQ Level 1 Award in Active, Healthy Living
This Level 1 Award in Active, Healthy Living qualification aims to explain the links between activity and better health in order to demonstrate the opportunities within daily life to become more active.
Active IQ Level 1 Award in Assisting Health Related Activity Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to assist with planning, preparing and delivering a safe and effective activity session for a group of participants.
Active IQ Level 1 Award in Fitness and Physical Activity
- The principles of exercise and fitness
- The health and fitness industry
- Healthy eating
Active IQ Level 1 Certificate in Sport and Physical Activity
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of the active leisure sector and to explain the links between activity and better health, demonstrating the opportunities within daily life to become more active. Learners are provided with the opportunity to experience working in the active leisure sector and developing their employability skills which is critical to aiding their chances of gaining and sustaining employment in the short, medium and long term. Learners are also provided with the knowledge and skills to be able to assist with the planning, preparation and delivery of safe and effective sport and physical activity sessions.
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to train learners, who already have knowledge and skills in gym or exercise to music instruction, to aprofessionally competent level to plan and deliver safe and effective circuit training sessions.
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health, common mental health disorders and issues, help reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage people to talk about mental health. Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in themselves and others and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
Active IQ Level 2 Award In Understanding Nutrition, Performance and Healthy Eating
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of nutrition for performance and healthy eating.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the fitness environment.
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions.
- Professionalism for fitness instructing.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Leading Health-Related Activity Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective activity sessions for a group of participants.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health
- How to access credible information about nutrition for exercise and health.
- The nutrients required to maintain health.
- How nutrients from food are used to fuel and aid recovery from physical activity.
- How to estimate daily energy and nutrient requirements for clients with different goals.
- The risks of poor nutritional and lifestyle practices.
- Skills to analyse clients’ dietary habits and identification of areas for improvement.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance
- understand nutrition for sport and exercise performance.
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
This Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification aims to develop learners with existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction who would like to pursue a career in personal training.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.