We are delighted to have had our new Tech Levels recognised by UCAS and awarded valuable tariff points. This means students will not only enjoy our unique vocational programmes combining comprehensive theoretical knowledge with practical experience, but they will also earn UCAS points which will help them should they choose to progress on to university. Our Tech Level UCAS accredited qualifications ensure students can benefit from full educational support as they study, gain invaluable experience on the gym floor working with local fitness employers and keep their university options open too.
Variations available and total UCAS points:
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Physical Activity, Fitness and Exercise Science:
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training for Health, Fitness and Performance
Active IQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Personal Training for Health, Fitness and Performance
What will students study?
Study areas include exercise and fitness, planning and instructing gym sessions and personal training, nutrition, technology in sport and exercise. In addition students will develop their skills in entrepreneurship, marketing, together with the essential soft skills in customer interaction, care and support. Students will learn how to:
- Develop their understanding of anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- Plan and instruct safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions
- Deliver safe and effective personal training sessions
- Deliver exceptional customer care
- Manage own personal and professional development
- Develop enterprise skills
- Understand how technology is used within physical activity, fitness, sport and exercise