Active IQ, the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the physical activity sector, has launched its Skills Hub in partnership with FitPro.
Proving once again that Active IQ offers much more than qualifications, the Skills Hub is a valuable resource tool for approved training providers and their learners.
The online hub is being powered by FitPro to bring a comprehensive range of digital resources and support, spilt into seven areas:
- Qualifications Launch Pad: a resource which helps approved centres to get up and running with new qualifications.
- Teaching and Learning: this area provides centres with up to date resources and information on teaching and different learning techniques to support their delivery and assessment.
- CPD: offering a range of both free and paid-for short courses and content. As part of the partnership, approved centres and their learners have access to FitPro’s CPD offering alongside that of Active IQ.
- Funding and Policy: providing support to training providers who are either already delivering funding provisions or are perhaps thinking about entering the world of funded delivery. This area provides information on latest policies and processes involved in funded courses.
- Active IQ Chief Medical Advisor: Dr Dane Vishnubala provides information on the latest medical research and policy relevant to the industry here as well as news relating to clinical exercise.
- Business and Marketing: in partnership with Cambridge Marketing College, this marketing and communications tool kit and workbook helps approved centres take their business to the next level.
- Graduate Toolkit: provides information for anyone who has completed a fitness industry qualification. The toolkit has been designed to help graduates keep abreast of what’s happening in the industry.
Active IQ approved centres will gain access to the Skills Hub as part of their annual recognition and their associated learners will be able to gain access to the Graduate Toolkit, CPD and Chief Medical Advisor sections.
The Skills Hub offers a wide range of blogs, articles, interviews and digital content to suit a wide mix of learning styles. As part of the partnership between Active IQ and FitPro, approved centres and their learners will also gain three months’ free access to PTOnTheNet as well as twelve-months complimentary access to FitPro’s MyGroupFit service.
“We’re delighted to be partnering with FitPro to launch the Skills Hub which will greatly support us in fulfilling our commitment to provide our centres and their learners with continuing learning and development opportunities throughout their career,” says Jenny Patrickson, Active IQ Managing Director. “FitPro has an excellent reputation and audience of over 150,000 members worldwide. Its focus on the development of fitness professionals and their values closely aligns with our own, so partnering with them to bring our Skills Hub to life makes complete sense. We look forward to working with FitPro to ensure we can keep our approved providers up to date with the most recent industry trends and policies interpreted by some of the most influential people in our industry.”
Director of FitPro, Brent Hallo, said: “FitPro is delighted to have partnered with Active IQ to strengthen the knowledge of industry professionals via the new SkillsHub offering. It’s time for the entire industry to come together and recognise the need to promote and deliver appropriate continued education opportunities at an affordable price point. As leaders in fitness education, we look forward to helping deliver these valuable resources and helping to guide the next generation of fitness instructors.”
“Our Skills Hub has big ambitions! We are collaborating with industry influencers and leaders who share our passion,” says James Clack, Active IQ Business Development Manager. “We’re aiming to provide a vehicle that will drive knowledge and learning through frequent bite size content and we have some great topics for discussion and resources to share as the platform grows.”