View the qualifications purpose statement here>>
|Lecture Pack fee:||£150|
|Guided Learning Hours:||157|
|Notional Learning Hours:||230|
|Qualification credit value:||23|
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective sessions. This qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2 and can be achieved in the context of gym, exercise to music, water-based exercise and physical activity for children.
This qualification is open to all:
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- P1 - Gym based pathway - Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- P2 - Exercise to Music pathway - experience of studio-based exercise classes is highly recommended.
- P3 - Water based exercise pathway - experience of water-based exercise classes is highly recommended.
- P4 - Exercise and Physical Activity for Children - It is recommended that learners undergo a CRB check prior to commencement of the training. Learners can be employed before the CRB check is complete provided the organisation is satisfied, on the basis of other checks, that it is safe to do so; however, organisations cannot let anyone have unsupervised access to children until they have a satisfactory CRB check
Qualification structure and credit Value
The learner must achieve 4 mandatory units from group M and one optional pairing in the context of either Gym, Exercise to Music, Water based Exercise or Exercise and Physical Activity for Children.
The total credit value of the qualification is 23 credits.
- Unit 1 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
P1 - Gym-based (Credit Value required: Minimum 10, Maximum 10)
- Unit 5 - Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 6 - Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits
P2- Exercise to Music (Credit Value required: Minimum 10, Maximum 10)
- Unit 7 - Planning group exercise to music sessions (F/600/9021) this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 8 - Instructing group exercise to music (J/600/9022) – this unit is worth 6 credits
P3- Water-based Exercise (Credit Value required: Minimum 11, Maximum 11)
- Unit 9 - Instructing water-based exercise (R/600/9024)- this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 10 - Planning water-based exercise (L/600/9023) – this unit is worth 5 credits
P4- Exercise and physical Activity for Children (Credit Value required: Minimum 9, Maximum 9)
- Unit 11- Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children (A/600/9048)- this unit is worth 3 credits
- Unit 12 - Instructing health related exercise and physical activity to children (T/600/9050) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration / Assignment